Pursuant to article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679, we inform you that the personal data acquired are processed, also through automated means, by Politecnico di Milano – Communication and External Relations, for sending the University newsletter and for communication about future events, initiatives and activities of Politecnico.
Identity Data Controller and Contact Point
The Data controller of Politecnico di Milano is the General Manager upon authorization of the pro-tempore Rector – contact: email@example.com
Responsible for data protection and contact points
Dr. Vincenzo Del Core – Phone: +39 0223999378 – e.mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internal data processor
Dr. Chiara Bianca Pesenti – e.mail: email@example.com.
Data will be processed by other authorized parties and, for this purpose, in compliance with current legislation.
Personal information acquired
The personal data collected are basically related to identification data and contact details (name and surname, e-mail address, profession, institution). These data are directly provided by the interested party.
Purposes of data processing
The purpose of the processing of personal data is the sending of the event newsletter, the scientific dissemination newsletter and communications about future events, initiatives and activities of Politecnico
The following table specifies, for each of the purposes identified above, the legal basis, the categories of personal data, and their related storage period:
|Purposes of the processing for which personal data are intended
|Legal basis of data processing
|Categories of personal data to be processed
|Storage period of personal data
|Sending of the newsletter for the events of Politecnico di Milano and the scientific dissemination newsletter
|For a period of time strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which they are processed.
|In relation to the purposes mentioned above, the data may be forwarded to companies and/or persons, that provide services, including external ones, on behalf of the Data Controller in order to carry out, promote and make known the event.
The data you provide will be included on the Institutional Mailing platform, to send the University newsletter.
|Sending communications on future events, initiatives and activities of Politecnico, also in collaboration with other institutions, by e-mails and newsletters, within the scope of the University’s institutional purposes
Nature of data
The provision of data is optional.
If you refuse to provide data you will not be allowed to register and, therefore, to receive the event and scientific dissemination newsletter of the University. If you refuse to provide data for communication you will not receive them.
Data Transfer to Extra EU country
The personal data will not be, in any way, transferred to non-EU countries
Rights of the data subject
The interested party, in relation to the personal data subject of this information, has the right to exercise the rights provided by the EU Regulation mentioned below:
- right of access of the interested party [Article 15 of the EU Regulation] (the possibility of being informed about the processing performed on his/her Personal Data and eventually receive a copy);
- right to correct personal data [Article 16 of the EU Regulation] (the interested party has the right to correction of incorrect personal data concerning him/her);
- right to cancel their Personal Data without unnecessary delay (“right to be forgotten”) [Article 17 of the EU Regulation] (the interested party has, and will have, the right to cancel his/her data);
- right to limitation of his/her personal data processing, in the cases provided by Article 18 of the EU Regulation, including the case of unlawful processing or objections about the accuracy of Personal Data by the interested party [Article 18 of the EU Regulation];
- right to data portability [Article 20 of the EU Regulation], the interested party may request his/her Personal Data in a structured format, in order to forward them to another data controller, according to the cases provided by the same article;
- right to object to personal data processing [Article 21 of the EU Regulation] (the interested party has, and will have, the right to object the processing of his/her personal data);
- the right not to be subjected to automated decision-making processes [Article 22 of the EU Regulation] (the interested party has, and will have, the right not to be subjected to a decision based solely on automated processing).
Further information about the rights of the interested party is available on the web site www.garanteprivacy.it.
Politecnico di Milano, in compliance with Article 19 of the EU Regulation, will inform recipients, to whom the personal data have been communicated, about any corrections, cancellations or limitations of the treatment requested, where this is possible.
With reference to the aforementioned purposes, the interested party has the right to proceed, at any time, to the withdrawal of consent for identity and personal data processing by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pursuant to Article 7 of the EU Regulation, the withdrawal of consent does not affect the legality of treatment, based on the consent before the withdrawal;
Right to submit a complaint
If the interested party deems that his/her rights have been compromised, s/he has the right to submit a complaint to the Data Protection Authority, according to the procedures indicated by this Authority at the following internet address www.garanteprivacy.it/web/guest/home/docweb/-/docweb-display/docweb/4535524.
Possible outcomes about failure to provide data
The consent to data processing, for the purposes mentioned above, is free and optional. However, any refusal implies the impossibility to take part in the event.
Personal data will be processed in paper, computerized and telematic form and stored in dedicated databases to which the access will be allowed, and therefore they become aware of, to the employees clearly appointed by the Data Controller as Internal Data Processors, who may carry out consultation, use, processing, comparison and any other appropriate operation, even automated, in compliance with the provisions of law necessary to ensure, inter alia, the confidentiality and security of data as well as the accuracy, updating and relevance of the data with respect to the stated purposes.
Changes and updates
This privacy information is valid from the subheading date. Politecnico di Milano_Communication and External Relations could also make changes and/or additions to this information also as an outcome of any subsequent amendments and/or regulatory additions. The interested party can view the text of the information, constantly updated, on the website www.eventi.polimi.it/privacy