The UNESCO-UNITWIN Network, signed by
The UNESCO-UNITWIN Network, signed by UNESCO General Director Irina Bokova, will involve the Politecnico di Milano (Italy) as coordinator and the following four universities: Tallinn University of Technology (Estonia), Aalto University (Finland), University of Lüneburg (Germany), Instanbul University (Turkey).
The main objectives will be:
- To promote an integrated system of research, documentation, training and information activities on Green Chemistry as a contribution to actions aimed at preventing pollution and risks, promoting the exploitation of green resources and reducing the consumption of non-renewable resources;
- To strengthen cooperation with institutions operating in the Baltic Sea and the Mediterranean Sea areas in order to increase the validity and efficiency of research, technology transfer and teaching in Green Chemistry;
- To facilitate the mobility of scholars, researchers and students working on Green Chemistry as well as to foster training in graduate and postgraduate courses with a special focus on young people and women participation at the different levels of activity;
- To develop new technologies that contribute to greater efficiency in energy and resource utilization;
- To develop new Green Chemistry technologies for the Cultural Heritage.
5 May 2017
Politecnico di Milano, Aula Magna
Piazza Leonardo da Vinci, 32 - Milano
Politecnico di Milano